Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 26, 2006

New Midlake songs


This is definitely the new album I am most excited about hearing. Their last album Bamnan and Slivercork is REALLY growing on me since I've stopped hearing Thom York whenever I listen to it. Ryan described them as a "poor man's Radiohead", and at first listen, it's a great comparison. After getting friendly with B&S though, they've revealed their own distinctive flavor that no longer smacks of Radiohead. In fact, I would love it if the next Radiohead album reminds me of Midlake.

These are 2 live tracks they recorded for the BBC during SXSW this year. These two tracks, plus previously posted Rosco, you can see why I'm pumped for the new album.

MP3: Van Occupanther
MP3: We Gathered in Spring

The new album is called The Trials of Van Occupanther, and comes out June 5 in the UK (according to their MySpace page)

The Trials of Van Occupanther tracklist:

1. Roscoe (Rad)
2. Bandits
3. Head Home
4. Van Occupanther (Rad)
5. Young Bride (1st single. Referred to as "the song of 2006". So there.)
6. Branches
7. In This Camp
8. We Gathered in Spring (Super-Rad)
9. It Covers the Hillsides
10. Chasing After Deer
11. You Never Arrived

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor man's Radiohead? I think of them more as a rich man's Grandaddy.

The full album is amazing. Beautiful stuff. Expect to see Van Occupanther on a lot of year-end lists.

Thanks for these live versions, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home