Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Go! Team


I checked out another performance on KCRW and I'm pretty happy I did. It's not normally the kind of music I go for, but I've never really heard anything quite like it before either. It combines sampling, wailing guitars, horns, banjo, with a rapping female vocalist, and a group of background singers that sound like a chearleading squad. Pretty crazy. But they really find a way to make it work. I checked out the album, and it's really all I've listened to for the last couple days. Here's a track. Do you love it, or hate it?

MP3: We Just Won't Be Defeated

This is the live version from KCRW, not the album version. I prefer the live versions of most of the songs, especially this one.

This is also the next song to be featured in Hoiner's Song Review, coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home