Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Born Again in the U.S.A.

Well, it's been a while since I've posted, and it's only because I haven't had a lot of time to spend with the iPod as of late. I've relocated, and in doing so, have cut my commute from around 4 songs long to only 1 song. It's great being closer to the office, but I'm not getting that quality time to listen to new stuff. Well, I'll adapt somehow.

I have managed to grow quite fond of a new album from a band whose members were enough to get me more than a little interested. It's the 2nd Jeff Tweedy side project album of the new year, and, like the new Minus 5 album, it has a handful of really great tracks. The rest of the band consists of Glenn Kotche(drummer, Wilco) and Jim O'Rourke(multi-instumentalist), and when I listen to this album, I really hear a love for making music. These are talented dudes, and they seem to be having a lot of fun flexing their musical muscles. The result is a very charming cohesive album. Here's the one-two punch that kicks off the album:

MP3: Hey Chicken
The album kicks of smartly with this guitar-heavy, herky-jerky, dose of defiance. A cool track that uses creative timing to capture the attention of the listener(well, in my case anyways), and doesn't really let go until the end.

MP3: The Ruling Class
Catchy and clever....a great combination in my opinion. You gotta love it when a song starts off with a catchy little whistling hook. But then Jeff kicks in with one the coolest opening lines I've heard in a long time.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home