Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cut Me Open! Vol. 2
(A song Review Column by: Hoiner)

MP3: We Just Won't Be Defeated

Three words to describe this song:

  1. Unique
  2. Ridiculously repetitive (I know that’s two words)
  3. Fun

Well……I don’t hate this song. But I’m quite far away from admitting that I like it. It is undeniably unique and even, dare I say, catchy, but exactly what the hell is going on here?

If you are really into music that sounds like team chanting of a 12-year-old girls soccer club - combined with background music reminiscent of a 1970’s sitcom theme song, then this will definitely crack your top 10.

Safe to say, “We Just Won’t Be Defeated” has not moved into my top 10.

Give The Go! Team full credit for their individuality, musical prowess, and ingenuity – this is a song unlike anything else I have ever heard (plus I always dig the horns!).

I actually really enjoyed the last 30 seconds of the song after the incessant chanting ceases. It is a simple combination of drums and piano – and ultimately I think I like it because it is beckoning childhood memories of “Peanuts”. Oh well.

Ultimately you’re going to have to check this song out for yourself - it deserves a couple listens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home