Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 11, 2006

The Sleepy Jackson


Before the Essex Green album came along, The Sleepy Jackson album Personality: One was a Spider, One was a Bird was dominating my listening time. I'm happy to know that it will always be there whenever I decide to revisit it. It's suddenly starting to get very crowded at the top of my top 10 list. And it's about to get even more crowded now that I have the new Electric Six album to listen to. More on that later.

MP3: Miles Away - The Sleepy Jackson

The Sleepy Jackson recently played a set on KCRW, and it was great timing because I was in the middle of my obsession with the album. I have to say that the performance was not as fantastic as I was hoping. I'll watch it again, just to make sure, but their live sound seemed to lack a lot of the strength and energy that you hear on the album. It is a live radio show in a tiny room, though, so it's forgivable if the energy seemed to be lacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home