Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 17, 2006

C'mon mood shift, shift back to good again


It might not make many of the popular 'Top Ten Albums of the year' lists that I look forward to as we hit the homestretch of 2006, but Of Montreal's 'Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?' has 2 or 3 tracks that will certainly make my 'Top Ten Songs of the Year' list, even though this album leaked 5 months(!) early, and is not scheduled for release until Jan07.

MP3: A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger - Of Montreal
MP3: Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse - Of Montreal

This album has grown on me exponentially since I first heard it over a week ago. Like a lot of their earlier stuff that I heard, it just seemed a little too....weird, I guess, but after a while, you begin to crave those little weird bits in the songs, and you forget that they ever sounded weird to you. I love that.

(Ok, it might make #9 or #10)

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Cup said...

Just a note to let you know I enjoy your blog -- and all the lovely MP3s!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dude! Your blog is good. I like the songs you have posted in your blog. Keep posting all the latest and rocking songs....

-----------

Karthick

Blaze Infotech

 

Post a Comment

<< Home